Have you been charged with Lynching? These days, instances of lynching are few and far between, but they do still happen from time to time. Chances are, you have been charged with a variety of different offenses for which lynching is one. Although PC 405 a is a misdemeanor offense, consulting with a skilled criminal defense attorney to have your case fully evaluated could help you to determine what option/s are best for you and your family.
At MacGregor & Collins, LLP, our attorneys have decades of experience helping Californians faced with criminal charges. Whether you are facing a single penal code offense, or are faced with a laundry list of criminal offenses, our attorneys will listen to your side of the story and help you avoid common mistakes. Call today to get help now.
California defines Lynching as using the method of rioting in order to free a prisoner from authorities, or in layman terms – the police.
In order to prosecute for Orange County CPC 405A Lynching, the state has the burden to prove the following actions took place:
- The defendant incited a riot to lynch a legally held captive or person that has been arrested from the hands of law enforcement agents
Lynching is penalized under California Penal Code 405 B, and is a misdemeanor punishable by:
- Up to four years in the California State Prison
More On California Lynching
- The freed captive is also subjected to lynching charges as well
- If a crowd or group of people attempt lynching but are unsuccessful, the same charges will apply
- Lynching could instead be charged as rioting or participating in a riot, since it’s akin to these crimes
- Lynching however comes with much more serious penalties
- California Penal Code 4550 examines lynching as it relates to freeing a prisoner.
If you are facing charges for Lynching under California Penal Code Section 405A, we can help. MacGregor & Collins are ready to provide you the OC criminal defense attorney services you need. We will help you understand the charges against you and help to get you the best possible outcome for your case. Contact MacGregor & Collins today at (888) 250-2865.