Are you facing charges for disturbing the peace? Violation of Penal Code 415(a) is a criminal offense. Depending upon your circumstances, you could face substantial fines and penalties and face time spent in jail. At MacGregor & Collins, LLP, our criminal lawyers can provide you with a free consultation to help you sort out your options. Call us today to get help now.
PC 415 Defined
Anyone who knowingly provokes, fights or disturbs other parties, or who uses lewd language that others may find to be offensive can be found guilty of violating Penal Code 415.
In order to prosecute for Orange County Disturbing the Peace, the state has the burden to prove you are guilty of:
- 415(a) Deliberately Fighting in a Public Place: Any individual who fights in a public place or provokes someone else to fight with in public (except it is in self defense.)
- 415 (b) Inflicting Loud Noises on Others and on Purpose: Any individual who knowingly bothers someone else (such as a neighbor) with unreasonable noises.
- 415(c) Using Offensive Words in Public: Any individual who uses lewd language in a public place which naturally would exacerbate an reflex violent reaction.
Penalties for PC 415 Violations
Disturbing the peace is a misdemeanor penal code violation punishable by:
- A fine of no more than $400
- Imprisonment in county jail for up to 3 months
- A combination of a fine and imprisonment
The law surrounding Penal Code 415 is somewhat vague and ambiguous. For this reason, it is imperative you have a skilled lawyer on your side. When it comes to fighting Penal Code 415, the context under which the offense took place matters in prosecution cases. And you can defend your case, especially if you did not intentionally commit the act of disturbing the peace, whether it was making loud noises, using offensive words or fighting in public.
CPC 415 Legal Defense
If you are facing disturbing the peace charges for Penal Code 415 (a), speaking with one of our skilled lawyers could be the difference between success and failure. Call or fill out our form today to find out what we can do to help.