A Newport Beach DUI conviction can follow you for the rest of your life. For some, a DUI conviction bars them from praticing their profession, or keeps them from getting the job of their dreams. At MacGregor & Collins, LLP, our Newport Beach defense attorneys have assisted more than 10,000 DUI clients and can help you better understand your charges and your options. Call us today and receive a free case evaluation.
Penalties for Newport Beach DUI:
- Up to 6 months in the Newport Beach county jail
- A maximum of $1,000 in fines
- Suspension of driver’s license
- An informal probation spanning 3-5 years
The same applies throughout all counties in California, even though the process and sentencing may vary between minimum and maximum sentencing.
Even if you’ve been tested for alcohol and the results revealed a blood alcohol count of 0.08% or higher, there’s still hope. The top legal defenses for Newport Beach DUI include:
- Illness – do you have medical records of medical conditions like diabetes? This and other types of illnesses can affect alcohol readings in your blood. A lawyer can help to prove this.
- No Better Alternative – were you or someone you know in a life-threatening situation? This can be purported as an affirmative defense.
- Faulty Chemical Testing – older and even new equipment in the county often spew inaccurate results. It’s also a defendant’s right to ask for independent testing in order to prove no intoxication. Contact a lawyer from the moment of arrest. This too is a right.
- Police Misconduct – our lawyers will examine law enforcement officer’s history to detect any misconduct when reporting DUI cases in Newport Beach.
The well-versed DUI lawyers in Newport Beach are also able to represent you during DMV hearings. There’s a ten-day window to help with the case in order to retain your driving privileges. Don’t wait another day to see what happens. With each new DUI arrest with a prior, sentencing enhancement usually plays out. We can also help with aggravating factors of DUI such as DUI with injury, with a minor, with manslaughter, or other criminal cases.
If you are facing DUI charges for California Vehicle Code Section 23152, the DUI criminal defense attorneys at MacGregor & Collins can help you. We will bring superior legal experience to aid you in this challenging time. Call us today at (949) 250-6097.