Newport Beach DUI Lawyers
Have you been arrested for DUI in Newport Beach? This is prosecuted under California Vehicle Code 23152.
Penalties for Newport Beach DUI:
- Up to 6 months in the Newport Beach county jail
- A maximum of $1,000 in fines
- Suspension of driver's license
- An informal probation spanning 3-5 years
The same applies throughout all counties in California, even though the process and sentencing may vary between minimum and maximum sentencing.
Newport Beach DUI Defense Attorney:
Even if you've been tested for alcohol and the results revealed a blood alcohol count of 0.08% or higher, there's still hope. The top legal defenses for Newport Beach DUI include:
- Illness - do you have medical records of medical conditions like diabetes? This and other types of illnesses can affect alcohol readings in your blood. A lawyer can help to prove this.
- No Better Alternative - were you or someone you know in a life-threatening situation? This can be purported as an affirmative defense.
- Faulty Chemical Testing - older and even new equipment in the county often spew inaccurate results. It's also a defendant's right to ask for independent testing in order to prove no intoxication. Contact a lawyer from the moment of arrest. This too is a right.
- Police Misconduct - our lawyers will examine law enforcement officer's history to detect any misconduct when reporting DUI cases in Newport Beach.
The well-versed DUI lawyers in Newport Beach are also able to represent you during DMV hearings. There's a ten-day window to help with the case in order to retain your driving privileges. Don't wait another day to see what happens. With each new DUI arrest with a prior, sentencing enhancement usually plays out. We can also help with aggravating factors of DUI such as DUI with injury, with a minor, with manslaughter, or other criminal cases.
If you are facing DUI charges for California Vehicle Code Section 23152, the DUI criminal defense attorneys at MacGregor & Collins can help you. We will bring superior legal experience to aid you in this challenging time. Call us today at (949) 250-6097.