Newport Beach Expungement Lawyers
Expunge criminal records in Newport Beach, California - and get on with your life. MacGregor & Collins has 30 years of combined legal experience defending in expungement cases. The attorneys will help you make sense of the filing process and state requirements for wiping your records clean once and for all.
California Penal Code 1203.4 PC outlines eligibility requirements for granting expungement to past offenders in the county. These requirements include:
- Completing all terms of the probation
- That the offender was not charged with another offense
- All victim restitution was paid if applicable
An expungement of criminal records does not recover one's right to bear arms. In addition, some individuals are ineligible for this process, including sex offenders, offenders who have served time in the California State Prison, or those who committed felonies. Speak to a Newport Beach criminal defense attorney to see if you qualify.
The benefits of expungement include:
- No longer having a criminal record to contend with during applications to residences or employment
- Most job hires are determined not only on skillsets, but based on the employee's criminal history too. As such, job security is one of the top benefits of expungement
- Clean criminal record holders are able to secure licenses from professional organizations such as in real estate or construction for instance
- Immigrants are no longer subject to deportation from crimes of moral turpitude
- And, even if none of these factors affect your lifestyle or desire to move forward, a clean criminal record is oftentimes described as having a weight lifted off an offender's shoulders.
If you would like to expunge your criminal record, we can help. MacGregor & Collins is ready to provide you the Expungement Attorney services you need. Call at (949) 250-6097. The lawyers will examine your files to determine if you qualify and if so, how to file - and win.