California Penal Code Section 25658 There's No Alternative 

California Penal Code 25658

Are you facing charges for Furnishing Alcohol to a Minor? Violation of California Business and Professions Code 25658 is a misdemeanor offense. Too often, those faced with this violation make the mistake of handling their case without consulting with a skilled criminal attorney. Don’t wait until it is too late. Contact our Orange County law firm for a free case evaluation and find out what your options are.

What is California Penal Code 25658?

According to California Penal Code 25658, Furnishing Alcohol to a Minor is defined as selling alcohol to someone under 21 years old.

In order to prosecute for CPC 25658 Furnishing Alcohol to a Minor, the state has the burden to prove you were guilty of either:

  • Selling alcohol to a minor
  • Being a minor and purchasing alcohol
  • Holding a professional liquor license and allowing someone to purchase alcohol, despite knowing their age

What Are the Penalties for CPC 25658 Violations?

Furnishing Alcohol to a Minor is usually filed as a misdemeanor offense, but punishments vary according to:

Giving Alcohol to a Minor:

  • Misdemeanor – Up $1,000 maximum fine, and community service
  • Potential charge for contributing to the delinquency of a minor under CPC 272

Parents Permitting Alcohol Use in a Minor (under 18):

The circumstances must include that the child was either driving under the influence, or caused a road accident, in which case it’s a:

  • Misdemeanor – Up to I Year in the Orange County Jail and a potential $1,000 maximum fine

Purchasing Alcohol as a Minor:

The circumstances must include that you’re under the age of 21, you bought and /or consumed the alcoholic beverage, in which case it’s a fine of $250 and community service. Driver’s license suspension is also a possibility.

Selling Alcohol to a Minor:

The circumstances must include that you hold a liquor license, and served someone under the age of 21 an alcoholic beverage, in which case it’s a fine of $250 and community service. A suspension of license is also a possibility.

If you are facing Furnishing Alcohol to a Minor charges for California Penal Code Section 25658, speaking with one of our attorneys may be in your best interest. Following a free case evaluation, you will be able to make more informed decision to help ensure you are taking everything into consideration. Call (844) 285-9559 to speak with one of our attorneys today.

Expect the Best

Why We're the Right Choice
  • Over 45 years of Collective Experience
  • Thousands of Cases Successfully Handled
  • Former Deputy District Attorney
  • Impressive Track Record of Results
  • Highly Respected by Peers and Clients
  • Free Initial Consultation

Contact Us

Get  a Free Consultation

We defend people in Orange County, Los Angeles County, Riverside County, San Diego County, and all of Southern California.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.