Newport Beach Criminal Defense Attorney
The fact that you have been accused of a crime does not make you guilty. It doesn’t make you a criminal. In our criminal defense practice, we have handled a number of cases where innocent people have been accused of committing serious crimes. The consequences of being convicted of a crime are, without question, life-changing and devastating. It could mean the loss of a job, the end of a marriage, loss of child custody, being branded a felon or being registered as a sex offender for life.
If you have been accused of committing a crime, the experienced Newport Beach criminal defense attorneys at the Law Offices of Randy Collins will fight to protect your rights every step of the way. We have years’ of experience not only in handling challenging cases, but also in successfully obtaining acquittals for our clients. We derive tremendous pride and satisfaction from helping our clients pursue and obtain justice. If you are facing criminal charges in Newport Beach, call us today to find out how we can help you.
Types of Cases Our Newport Beach Criminal Lawyers Handle
We have successfully represented clients who have been charged with the following crimes:
- Driving under the influence: A DUI conviction can have a number of consequences from loss of driving privilege and jail or prison time to installation of an ignition interlock device. You need an experienced DUI defense lawyer on your side to help fight the charges and help you achieve the best possible outcome.
- Sex crimes: When an individual faces accusations of committing a sex crime, even when he or she is not convicted, the damage can be tremendous in terms of loss of reputation. A sex crime conviction could result in life-altering consequences including prison time, fines and lifetime registration as a sex offender.
- Domestic violence: Our Newport Beach criminal defense attorneys have significant experience getting domestic violence charges dismissed. We have found that a number of these accusations are made by partners for a variety reasons from getting revenge to winning a child custody battle. We will remain on your side throughout the process and will strive to clear your name and get you an acquittal.
- Drug crimes: Whether it’s simple possession or drug trafficking or sale, drug crime charges often result in prison time and extensive fines. It could also count as a “strike” under California’s Three Strikes Law and could even become a deportable offense. You need a knowledgeable lawyer on your side to build a solid defense for a favorable outcome.
- Assault: This is one of the most common charges in Newport Beach and could range from simple assault, which is a misdemeanor to assault with a deadly weapon, which is a felony. Once again, consequences could range from taking anger management classes and probation to prison time.
- Hit and Run: It is a felony crime under California law to leave the scene of an injury or fatal crash. This is a crime punishable by prison time and fines. Other charges such as manslaughter might be tacked on to the case depending on the nature and severity the incident.
- White-collar crimes: Fraud, bribery, identity theft, forgery and embezzlement are all examples of white-collar crimes. A number of these can be charged as federal crimes. You need a lawyer who is experienced in handling cases in federal and county courts.
- Robbery and burglary: These are examples of property crimes. The charges in burglary cases depend on the circumstances of the incident and the amount of money or value on property that is allegedly stolen. A robbery charge is more serious because it involves the element of physical threat or injury. Prosecutors may add charges if a weapon is involved.
- Arson: This refers to deliberately setting fire to a building, property or a wild forest area. Again, the charges in these cases could depend on the amount of damage done and whether there were any injuries or deaths as a result of the fire.
Why Hire our Newport Beach Criminal Defense Lawyers?
When you retain Randy Collins as your Newport Beach criminal defense lawyer, you know you are hiring an experienced trial lawyer who takes on every case with ferocious commitment. Here are some of the elements that set him apart:
Extensive experience: Randy Collins is a former prosecutor who served as the District Attorney for Riverside County. He knows how the prosecution builds its case. He can anticipate pretty much their every move because he has been there and done that. He knows the inner workings of the district attorney’s office. Randy has also worked on the prosecution’s Narcotics Task Force and because of that experience, he knows how to expose flaws in the prosecution’s evidence.
Superior rating: Randy Collins has been rated 9.9 out of 10 rating from Avvo.com, which rates attorneys based on client reviews and peer endorsements. The Law Offices of Randy Collins has also been recognized as a 10 Best Client Satisfaction recipient from the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys.
Exceptional customer service: For Randy Collins, criminal defense is not just a profession, but also a calling in life. He genuinely cares about each and every case he takes on and understands the harsh consequences his clients face if convicted. He and his staff are there for clients every step of the way to answer questions, address concerns and provide case updates.
How Our Newport Beach Criminal Defense Firm Can Help
If you have been arrested, do not talk to the police or provide any case details. Remember, anything you do or say can be used against you in court. Do not discuss your case with friends or even family members and especially online or on social media. The experienced Newport Beach criminal defense lawyers at the Law Offices of Randy Collins can help you take the necessary actions to win your case and avoid the pitfalls that might adversely affect your case. We seek out every possible defense option in fighting for an acquittal or reduction in charges.
If you have been arrested on suspicion of committing a crime in San Diego County, call our offices at (844) 285-9559 to schedule your free consultation with our Newport Beach criminal defense lawyer.