Do you need more information about California Health and Safety Code Section 11362.5?. The attorneys at MacGregor & Collins can help you understand more about your rights pertaining to the legal use of Marijuana in California. Too often, users of medicinal Marijuana make the mistake of assuming that they have more freedom to possess, transport, and use their prescribed Marijuana than what is allowable by law.
At MacGregor & Collins, LLP, our Marijuana defense attorneys in California have decades of experience assisting medicinal Marijuana users. If you are unclear as to how Marijuana laws work, or would like a free case evaluation for your Marijuana-related criminal offenses, call 949-250-6097 or fill out our contact form.
HS 11362.5 Defined
California Health Code 11362.5 outlines the law when it comes to using marijuana for medicinal purposes and it explains how:
- Ill patients can use medical marijuana authorized by a physician for relief and treatment purposes
- Users and physicians are exempt from criminal penalties associated with drug possession and usage in this instance
- The HSC 11362.5 was made to inspire certified strategies for sick patients to receive inexpensive and safe marijuana
- The health and safety code 11362.5 was not established to divert from criminal charges in non-medicinal marijuana usage
- Physicians have the right to prescribe medical marijuana without facing criminal consequences
- In terms of planting and harvesting marijuana, which is usually a violation of HSC 11358, patients and their caregivers (the person who lives with and cares for the sick person) are exempt from this law, if they are cultivating the plant for medical use, and the patient has received an authorized permission to do so by a physician
Examples of illnesses that are considered to be appropriate for medical marijuana use:
Cancer, aids, anorexia, glaucoma and others.
The compassionate law went into effect in the Year 1996.
Legal Assistance for Marijuana Charges in California
If you are facing criminal charges for medical marijuana possession as a sick person or physician, the OC defense attorneys at MacGregor & Collins can help you. By taking advantage of our drug crime case evaluation, you could obtain information that will help you avoid costly mistakes.