Expunge criminal records in Newport Beach, California – and get on with your life. There are a number of different benefits that await those who have been convicted of crimes and later obtain an expungement. If you have satisfied your probation and kept out of trouble, you may have the opportunity to pursue an expungement. Call our Newport Beach criminal attorneys to obtain a free expungement evaluation to help determine what options you have available.
California Penal Code 1203.4 PC outlines eligibility requirements for granting expungement to past offenders in the county. These requirements include:
- Completing all terms of the probation
- That the offender was not charged with another offense
- All victim restitution was paid if applicable
An expungement of criminal records does not recover one’s right to bear arms. In addition, some individuals are ineligible for this process, including sex offenders, offenders who have served time in the California State Prison, or those who committed felonies. Speak to a Newport Beach criminal defense attorney to see if you qualify.
The benefits of expungement include:
- No longer having a criminal record to contend with during applications to residences or employment
- Most job hires are determined not only on skillsets, but based on the employee’s criminal history too. As such, job security is one of the top benefits of expungement
- Clean criminal record holders are able to secure licenses from professional organizations such as in real estate or construction for instance
- Immigrants are no longer subject to deportation from crimes of moral turpitude
- And, even if none of these factors affect your lifestyle or desire to move forward, a clean criminal record is oftentimes described as having a weight lifted off an offender’s shoulders.
If you would like to expunge your criminal record, we can help. MacGregor & Collins is ready to provide you the Expungement Attorney services you need. Call us at (888) 250-2865 or fill out our contact form and you will be contacted by one of our legal professionals. Once retained, our criminal lawyers will examine your files to help determine if you qualify and if so, how to file – and win.