Costa Mesa Fraud Lawyers
Pretense and deception are traits of fraudulent crimes. Most of these crimes including forgery, perjury, embezzlement and white collar crimes are usually committed with the main purpose of gaining something in return. The benefits can include financial gain in the case of theft or forgery for instance, or it could be an incidence where altering testimonies or documents will aid or abet a criminal offender from being found guilty of a crime.
Some of the best examples of fraud crimes in Costa Mesa include:
- Perjury – that’s defined as intentionally writing or testifying a false statement to avoid criminal penalties of a loved one or the offender.
- Forgery – this is generally described as intentionally signing someone else’s signature on important documents without the owner’s consent, and for the offender’s benefit.
- Theft – can be prosecuted as shoplifting, petty theft, grand theft, grand auto theft or several other types of crimes.
The following could be considered an example of Costa Mesa fraud:
Tomas has lived in Costa Mesa his whole life, but has recently been fired from his job. He previously worked as a courier and was regularly paid by a check from his employer. Two months after having been fired, Tomas finds his bosses checkbook behind his couch. Knowing his boss’ signature quite well, Tomas uses the checkbook to write a check to himself and forges his boss’ signature. Tomas is identified by security cameras at the bank and is later arrested and charged with fraud.
Other major crimes of fraud include Identity Theft, which is falsely impersonating someone without their consent. the Law Offices of Randy Collins' white collar defense attorney also handle cases of prescription fraud, or insurance fraud.
Other Fraud Crimes:
- Auto Insurance Fraud – this is a common offense that entails setting up an accident to collect insurance.
- Real Estate Fraud – which entails several crimes including altering property deeds when selling or buying real estate, foreclosure fraud, rent skimming laws, phantom help schemes, straw buyer schemes and more.
- Financial Fraud – is using someone else’s check or credit card without their consent.
Some of these fraudulent crimes are tried in Federal Court. As a result, it’s important to contact a lawyer for accusations of fraud.
If you are facing charges for fraud in Costa Mesa, the Costa Mesa criminal lawyers at the Law Offices of Randy Collins can help you. A conviction for fraud can follow you for the rest of your life. Call (844) 285-9559 today to find out how our attorneys can help you put your fraud accusation behind you and move on with your life.