In Los Angeles or in California in general, drug crimes are considered serious charges and they carry very hefty punishments, whether they are in a form of fines or prison time. So if you ever find yourself in need of a Los Angeles drug crime lawyers, the Law Offices of Randy Collins can help you. Call or visit our office for a free evaluation of your drug charge.
There are many kinds of drug charges that can a person can be accused of. Some of these are:
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia – This drug charge can be filed against a person caught in possession of any drug paraphernalia. Drug paraphernalia is any type of equipment that is used to make, distribute, sale or concealment of any illegal or controlled drugs.
- Drug Possession – Being caught with illegal or controlled drugs is prohibited by the law. If you are caught, penalties can be severe. If you are caught with an immense amount of drugs, then the consequences are much worse with prison time that can be up to 5 years. An expert lawyer can help you minimize the consequence and lessen the charge.
- Drug Trafficking – This drug charge is filed when a person is involved in any drug distribution and/or transportation of any type of illegal drugs and marijuana. Again, the consequences can vary depending on the amount of illegal drugs or controlled substances you have in your possession.
- Drug Dealing – Dealing or selling illegal and controlled drugs in smaller amounts can lead to a drug dealing charge. Though considered a less serious crime, it can still carry a hefty fine and at least 1 year in prison.
- Drug Manufacturing – If you are in any way involved in any step or process of drug making, then you can be charged with drug manufacturing. This crime is very serious and involves at least 5 years in prison with fines. To be charged with this crime, the police must prove you are indeed intending to make or manufacture drugs.
There are many possible defenses in any drug charges and some circumstances of a case may also lead to the lessening of the drug charge so you can have less fines and or prison time. If you have a great lawyer and a good character with no prior records of any illegal activity, you may not even serve a prison time. That is why an experienced and expert attorney in drug charges is very handy. The Law Offices of Randy Collins can give you this type of service. We will make sure that you are given the best and strongest defense possible and that you are well represented and your rights are upheld at all times.